Monday, May 11, 2009

WATER CONSERVATION

Did you know it takes 1,500 gal. of water to produce 1 lb. of ready-to-eat beef? That is why I've decided to reduce my meat intake by 10%. Here are some easy water-saving tips my family and I have started doing:

1. Water lawn responsibly. Adjust sprinkler heads to avoid watering sidewalks and road, turn auto. sprinklers off when it is rainy or windy, use hose to water dry spots instead of increasing sprinkler time. Fertilize. A well fertilized lawn needs less water to stay green.

2. Reduce showers and baths by 90%, to once per week.

3. Eat at McDonalds. I'm not sure what their burgers are made of, but I know it's not meat.

4. Flush toilets only once at the end of each day. (I recommend having a high quality commercial-grade plunger handy)

5. When dumping a bucket of water over spouses head, use only 4 gallons instead of 5.

I encourage both people who visit this site to follow these steps to help preserve water this summer. You will be doing your part to make sure Lesha has a place to wet her ski in the late summer and fall months.

1 comment:

Casey & LaTisha said...

Glad to see you are being proactive to help fight this problem. Now you might want to help mom cut her drinking water consumption of 8 liters a day down to 4. A reduction in her salt intake might help reduce her need for so much water.